“eMuse” Online Music Competition, Athens, Greece
The competition is open to musicians of any nationality and any age, playing classical music on the following instruments:
- Double bass
- French horn
as well as
- Chamber music or baroque music ensembles
- Musicians playing traditional instruments
There is no age limit, however, the videos will be divided into age categories, based on the age of participants.
To enter the competition you need to submit one or more recent, good quality videos of your playing. Free program selection.
||up to 8 years old
||up to 5 minutes
||9 - 11 years
||at least 6 minutes
||12 - 14 years
||at least 10 minutes
||15 - 17 years
||at least 12 minutes
||from 18 years
||at least 15 minutes
||from 35 years
||at least 15 minutes
The recording must be within the established time and meet the following requirements:
- Your video may be made anytime during 2015-2017, but has to match with your age category on the moment you submit your application.
- The hands and the face of the participant should be visible during the recording, as well as the keyboard and pedals.
- The participant should be dressed well and in an appropriate manner. Performances in sportive or casual clothes will not be accepted for evaluation!
- All works must be performed by memory, except for the ensembles.
- Cutting & merging multiple takes is not allowed.
The video must be posted on YouTube and titled in English as follows:
eMuse competition - Your Name, your instrument, your age - Country
and, in the "Description" field, list the compositions performed in your video.
Example: eMuse competition - John Wilson, piano, 15 years old – USA.
Videos will be rejected if not titled according to the rules.
The jury will evaluate entries on the 25-point system and select the winners as shown below:
The jury will select one overall winner, who receives the highest score among the first prize winners in each age category. He or she will be awarded a gold medal and a diploma of the winner of the competition, as well as the main prize.
The winners of the first three prizes in each category will receive a diploma "Prize Winner of the International Music Competition (number of diplomas is not limited).
The jury's decision is final and is not subject to appeal.
The jury may not award all the prizes.
The jury may divide the main prize between two participants.
Solo recital at the Acropolis Museum in Athens.
The Muse association will provide the overall winner with airplane tickets to and from Athens, as well as hotel accommodation for two nights.
Age Category Winners
Concert performance at the Gyzi Megaron Festival in Santorini.
The Muse association will provide the age category winners with ferry boat tickets from Athens to Santorini and back to Athens, as well as hotel accommodation in Santorini for three nights. The winners are responsible for their own travel expenses to and from Athens.
First Prize Winners
Concert performance at the Byzantine Museum in Athens and at the Niko Art Gallery in Moscow.
The invited first prize winners are responsible for their own accommodation and travel expenses.
- Sets of strings from "Thomastik - Infeld Vienna".
- Violin bows from the violinist and conductor, professor Manrico Padovani.
- Violin bows from the celebrated virtuoso violinist Natasha Korsakova.
- Cello bows from "The Muse".
- Invitation to the 12th International Music Competition "The Muse" on Santorini island in Greece in September 2017 with application fee waived, from Bakitone International.
- Honorary diplomas "Rising Star", "Prodigy and other.
Sponsors and private persons, in agreement with the jury and organizing committee, can also award participants additional prizes.
The results will be published on April 30, 2017.
To enter the competition, upload your video on YouTube, fill out the application form and pay the application fee.
Application deadline is April 1, 2016.
By submitting your application you agree to all the terms and conditions of the competition and acknowledge that you will receive no financial compensation for the use of your video.
The application fee for all categories is €65.
The applcation fee for applications sent before January 1, 2017 is €35.
The application fee is payable by credit card or through a PayPal account.
In case of refusal to participate in the competition, the application fee is not refundable.
All rights to broadcast, audio and video recordings of the competition and the concert of the overall winner without additional fee belong to the competition, as well as sale and distribution of these materials.
The organizing committee reserves the right to change the rules of the competition at any time in its sole discretion.